Happy Saturday neighbours! Let us all catch you up to start today on an enlightened note.
First, your weekend weather:
- Saturday: Clouds breaking for some sunshine. High: 63, Low: 41.
- Sunday: Rather cloudy and delicious. High: 70, Low: 49.
- Monday: Rather cloudy. High: 67, Low: 49.
Here are the best Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch stories today:
- Want to know more about the SD Home Improvement Show? You want to attend a course on “Start a micro-gig business from home?” Or maybe you are interested in the “Meeting of the Military Affairs Advisory Council” or in the “San Diego Teachers Residence Information Session.” Whatever your interest, you can find out what’s happening this weekend in San Diego. For more information: Click in parentheses, then click on the link. (Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Patch)
- Their job is to represent us in the city, county, state and federal government. They can work to change the laws regarding the placement of sexually violent predators. They can work to alleviate the housing shortage. What is certain is that they have enough work to do in 2022. Discover the priorities of some of our elected officials. For more information: Click in parentheses, then click on the link. (San Diego Union-Tribune)
- The Red Cross reports that the country’s blood supply is critically low. Now those who donate blood or plasma have a chance to win tickets to Super Bowl LVI. The package includes round-trip airfare, admission to the official NFL event and hotel accommodations for three nights, plus a $500 gift card for other expenses. Plus, those who donate in January will have a chance to win a home theater set. Find out where you can donate in RB or other places nearby. For more information: Click in parentheses, then click on the link. (Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Patch)
This weekend at Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch:
saturday january 8
- Sunrise Leadership Hike – North San Diego Chamber of Commerce. (7:00 a.m.)
- RB Christmas Tree Recycling Days — Rancho Bernardo Recreation Center. (9 am)
- Zumba chair with Lynn (Online) – San Diego Oasis. (3:45 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Rancho Bernardo Branch Library: “Hi, I’m Christy. Today is my last day at Rancho Bernardo. I’ll be the new Branch Manager at Ocean Beach Library starting this Saturday. youth services. I know you will be in good hands, but I will miss you all terribly!” (Facebook)
- Rancho Bernardo Branch Library: “Next Thursday, instead of our usual storytime in the park, we’ll have a very special guest here at the library. Join us in the parking lot at 11 a.m. on Thursday, January 13 to meet Hershey Kiss the Miniature Therapy Horse! We can’t wait.” (Facebook)
- Rancho Bernardo Youth Lacrosse: “We always have fun at our camps and clinics! Join us this Monday, January 10 from 7-8 p.m. at the RBHS Turf Field for a free clinic to learn about lacrosse or get your legs moving before spring kicks in.” (Facebook)
- Rancho Bernardo Branch Library: “Celebrate Korean American Day this January 13 by joining us for a virtual craft! We’ll be making Korean paper plate drums and learning the meaning of the Korean symbol Taegeuk. Be sure to register before January 8 last.” (Facebook)
- North San Diego Chamber of Commerce: “Are you determined to build your circle of influence? You can grow your network by joining North San Diego Business Chamber Economic Development. (Facebook)
- North San Diego Chamber of Commerce: “Join us for a fun evening of connecting in person on the outdoor terrace of Maderas Golf Club.” Event: Jan. 12 (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Charity fundraising to help children with disabilities. (January 11)
- San Diego Teachers Residence Information Session (HTH GSE). (January 11)
- M.Ed. in Ed Leadership Info Session (HTH GSE). (13 Jan)
- Add your event
Do you like the Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are officially informed for today. See you next week for another update!
— Bettyanne Pernice