SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) —
Martin DeVries, Manager, Network and Telecommunications, Infrastructure and Security, Home Hardware Stores Limited
“With approximately 1,100 locations and stringent requirements for critical payment applications, our digital transformation efforts were no small feat. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN was the perfect solution for our organization, allowing us to simplify our network and enable our geographically distributed reseller network to access the applications they need with the same user experience across the organization. With our new ability to centrally manage all network traffic, we can now accelerate access to the cloud and ensure application security across the entire environment.
Summary of news
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in comprehensive, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that Home Hardware, a leading Canadian-based home improvement, construction and furniture retailer, has implemented Fortinet Secure SD-WAN to digitally transform their organization.
Over the past several decades, Home Hardware has grown dramatically to approximately 1,100 dealer-owned stores as well as multiple data centers and cloud environments. Locations with multiple legacy network and security point products purchased over the years made centralized management difficult and provided suboptimal visibility and control of day-to-day operations. With mission-critical payment applications and other SaaS applications, including Office365, accessible from the cloud, securing their more than 1,100 network edges, data and applications was a top priority for Home Hardware.
After an extensive evaluation process that included multiple vendor solutions, Fortinet Secure SD-WAN emerged as the right choice for Home Hardware to address these challenges. By harnessing the power of Fortinet Secure SD-WAN, Home Hardware is taking a security-first networking approach to its digital transformation efforts to realize the following benefits:
- Better user experience: By accelerating the scale of cloud for payment and SaaS applications, as well as enabling granular segmentation for payment systems, guest users, Wi-Fi and real-time applications, staff and customers from Home Hardware will benefit from a better user experience.
- Simplified operations and reduced complexity: Zero-touch deployment and network visibility dramatically improve troubleshooting. Replacing multiple point products with an integrated solution from Fortinet with centralized management reduces complexity and costs.
- Guaranteed PCI Compliance: With advanced security features on DIA and overlays for PCI, Home Hardware has accelerated cloud connectivity with required compliance.
Fortinet Secure SD-WAN is part of Fortinet Security Fabric, the industry’s highest performing cybersecurity mesh platform, designed to span the WAN while delivering consistent security and performance on all edges. By choosing Fortinet, Home Hardware will be able to continue its digital transformation efforts down to the LAN edge in the future via Fortinet Secure SD-Branch to achieve single management and visibility across the entire WAN edge, LAN edge and cloud.
“Home Hardware’s large and complex technology implementation showcases the benefits of Fortinet’s security-focused networking approach to SD-WAN: cost savings, improved performance of business-critical applications, and access to cloud more fast. Fortinet’s ability to scale across more than a thousand network edges, all centrally managed with consistent security, is a testament to the strong network and security innovation that Fortinet brings to its customers.
– John Maddison, Executive Vice President of Products and Chief Marketing Officer, Fortinet
“We have been working with Fortinet for over two years now, and through our strong collaborative relationship, we have enabled secure SD-Branch deployment and rollout. We were able to improve our cybersecurity posture, achieve significant cost savings, and prepare to simplify our network across 1,100 stores and protect our technology stack for the future.
– Martin DeVries, Director of Network and Telecommunications, Infrastructure and Security, Home Hardware Stores Limited
- Learn more about Fortinet Secure SD-WAN.
- Learn more about Fortinet Secure SD-Branch.
- Find out how the Fortinet Security Fabric Platform delivers comprehensive, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research and the FortiGuard Security Subscriptions and Services portfolio.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Network Security Expert (NSE) Training Institute, including its free cybersecurity training initiative, NSE Certification Program, Security Academy Program, and Veterans Program.
- Learn more about how Fortinet customers secure their organizations.
- Participate in the Fortinet user community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with your peers.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Youtubeand Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) enables a digital world we can always trust through its mission to protect people, devices and data everywhere. That’s why the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, and government organizations choose Fortinet to securely accelerate their digital journey. The Fortinet Security Fabric Platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protections across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications, and connections from the data center to the cloud to the home office. The #1 security appliance shipped worldwide, more than 550,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their business. And the Fortinet NSE Training Institute, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Development Program (TAA), offers one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry to make e-learning and new career opportunities accessible. to all. To learn more, visit https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2022 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The ® and ™ symbols designate federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks, respectively, of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet trademarks include, but are not limited to the following: Fortinet, the Fortinet logo, FortiGate, FortiOS, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiASIC, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiCore, FortiMail, FortiSandbox, FortiADC, FortiAI , FortiAP, FortiAppEngine, FortiAppMonitor, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBalancer, FortiBIOS, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCam, FortiCamera, FortiCarrier, FortiCASB, FortiCenter, FortiCentral, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiCWP, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiDeceptor, FortiDirector, Forti, FortiEDRExplorer , FortiFonExtender, , FortiHypervisor, FortiInsight, FortiIsolator, FortiLocator, FortiLog, FortiMeter, FortiMoM, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPartner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence, FortiProtect, FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiReporter, FortiScan, FortiSDNConnector, FortiSIEM, FortiSD, FortiWANSwitch, FortiSOARS, FortiSOARS FortiTester, FortiTester, FortiTrust, FortiVoice, FortiVoIP, FortiWAN, Fort iWeb, F ortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified any statements or certifications attributed to third parties herein and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein shall constitute a warranty, contract, binding specification or other binding covenant of Fortinet or any indication of intent relating to any binding covenant, and performance and other specification information may be unique to certain environments. This press release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases, among others. Changes in circumstances, product launch delays or other risks as discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If uncertainties materialize or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be considered forward-looking statements. Fortinet undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements and expressly disclaims any obligation to update such forward-looking statements.